Last Weeks Goals:
- Continue revising/editing through Chapter 20. I still did not make it to chapter 20, but I worked through another 21 pages--putting me at the beginning of chapter 18. Current word count hovers around 86,715. I add, I take away, and we hover. :)
- Complete my summary. Yay! I have a rough draft of my summary. It stands at 6 pages double spaced.
- Continue revising/editing through Chapter 21.
- Beg my hubby to critique my summary and tighten it.
- Have my flash fiction story ONLINE ready to submit to a magazine for Laurel's challenge.
Goodness, my mind is fuzzy, or it is just hard to pick one thing to mention...I think the one truth I can share is this. Sometimes you have to write when you don't feel like it. Luckily I almost always feel like it, so maybe I should rephrase it to be, "sometimes you have to work on a goal even if you don't feel like it."
Putting some kind of summary together was really hard for me. Why? Because I wanted to add every character, every subplot in the story. You can't do that in a summary. It needs to be as short and concise as possible and still be interesting. Every time I opened that document I cringed. Then I sat there until I added at least one or two more paragraphs to move me closer to the end of the summary. I did this all week long and now I have a summary! Yay for me! It stinks, but now that it is on paper I can fix that.
How did you do on your goals last week? Would you be interested in an online critique conferencing group? I opened a Dimdim.com account so we can have live chats and start a critique group. If you are interested what days and times would be good for scheduling?