Well, I feel like I have a ton of stuff to catch up on.
1. I'll get back to the post Nano revision series next week, I promise!
2. I didn't make it past the pitch stage of the ABNA (Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award) contest, and I'm okay with that. 4 out of 5 entries were cut in the first round based entirely on the pitch. My pitch is almost exactly like my query, which I know needs work. Since the judges did not read any of the actual book, I don't feel down about not making it. I've also reworked a few things in the last month that make the story better and now I can start querying again.
Did any of you make it through? I know a few of you entered, and I'd love to cheer you on.
3. I have some awards that I need to give out next week. Yeah, I've been collecting again. :)
Now Starring Blogfest! where you get to cast your novel as the next motion picture. It's hosted by Alexis, another crusader. It sounds like a lot of fun, because who hasn't picked out movie stars to play their characters?
5. Answers to my Crusader challenge--
- one secret--I'd love to learn how to play the cello.
- one lie--my child did not fall in the lake thank goodness!
- one interesting quirk--I really do enjoy running! A lot. But then again you can't tell because I enjoy eating a lot too.
- one annoying habit--I talk in my sleep.
- one of your best character traits--I really am a good listener. For instance, on the drive home from Myrtle Beach we stopped to eat. This complete stranger comes up to me in the bathroom and starts telling me all about her daughter. This kind of thing happens to me ALL THE TIME! My hubby makes fun of me for it, but I guess there is just something about me that makes people think they can tell me things. I should have become a shrink.
- one of your favorite things in the whole world--music, that's why I included the YoYo Ma clips. :)
I'm sure there are a few more things I'm forgetting, but this is a good start.