Monday, August 1, 2011

I Write Like...

Today is the first day of Girl's Camp. That means a whole week without internet access!!! Hope I survive.

But, I'm not leaving you high and dry. I've scheduled some posts for the week. Enjoy and I'll reply to comments as soon as I get back.

I know you've seen these before, but have you plugged in your writing?

This is what I got when I plugged in Sendek:


I write like
Arthur Clarke
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


This one blows my mind because I don't see it. Faerie Wings:


I write like
William Shakespeare
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

Then I started plugging in my short stories and got more Arthur Clarke (Continuation, Elina's Tale, Shadows) and these.

Online:


I write like
Anne Rice
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

The Chosen (This one also made me excited):


I write like
Isaac Asimov
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


It's nice to see that most of my writing falls into the Arthur Clarke category. That makes me feel like his name wasn't a fluke, you know? Now if only I could use that in my query letter.

Dear Agent,

I write like Arthur Clarke. The website says so four out of seven times. He's considered one of the "Big Three"* in science fiction so don't bother to read my book. Just pick up the phone and make that offer.

Charity


* For those who don't read science fiction, the Big Three are Robert Heinlein, Issac Asimov, and Arthur Clarke. BTW, I've read and love all these plus: Orson Scott Card (My brother-in-law served part of his mission for our church with Card's son. Wish I was brave enough to use that small connection), Linda Nagata, Larry Niven, and David Gerrold.

In fact, I need to share some of my favorite titles from these authors with you in the next blog post. They are stories that I find myself thinking about years after having read them. Now that's good writing!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your week with the girls. I got Dan Brown when I plugged in my writing. Now that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the book. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...