Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness BLITZ

If you are looking for my First Loves Blogfest entry, you can find it HERE

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community.

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.



Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

There have been so many people that have helped me reach my goals. In writing and in life. How do I pick just one? I want to mention several and then I'll tell you the top dog I want to recognize today.

There are so many people who suffered through early versions of Talia’s story and still encouraged me to never give up on my writing dream. Thank you Kathy, Brian, Becky, Mia Hayson, Edith, Elizabeth Arroyo, Elizabeth Arundel, Elizabeth Poole, and Jen McConnel. I also want to thank Aimee Salter and Janice Hardy for their honest critiques and encouraging words afterward. And Michael Offutt for making me laugh when I needed to as well as kicking me back into motion when I needed it.

A special thanks goes to Carol Coffelt for sticking with me through several revisions. It’s been a pleasure swapping stories with you and working together on Unicorn Bell.

Thank you to my dear husband and children for being patient with me and for forgiving me when the imaginary people in my head take over.

For my Random Act of Kindness, I'm highlighting my best friend Laura. She's always willing to listen to me whine and complain. She has made me run when I didn't want to, watch my calories when I wanted to drown in ice cream, and always supported me through every up and down. 

Laura, I couldn’t have survived without you. It may not be much, but I'm taking you to lunch at the Melting Pot on the first day of school this fall. Can you wait until August? I want to celebrate our friendship and our new freedom as our youngest start school. Now there will be time for both of us to chase our dreams.

Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? 

Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness? Let me know in the comments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...