Don't get me wrong, I haven't really had to wait long. A total of 20 days passed between me signing the contract and getting it back in the mail. That's a snail mail issue and nothing else.
- During that time I worried that my contract got lost in the mail.
- Or exploded in some massive highway pile up between here and there.
- I worried that WiDo changed their minds and didn't know how to break the news to me.
- I thought, "Oh, no. I've already proven to them that I'm highly unstable emotionally and they are working to get me committed." No, wait, that's my family.
- I thought maybe I made the whole thing up. My family accuses me of that all the time because I have conversations in my head and I forget which ones took place in the real world and which ones were imaginary.
She replied the next morning with instructions and I'm so excited to get started. The first round will be a general read on her part with comments on plot and character structure/development. Once we get all the holes filled and things squared away there, we will move to a scene by scene edit.
This is the one I'm excited about. I kept trying to tell myself I needed to do this, but just couldn't muster the energy. Knowing someone will help me has motivated me again.
And finally, we will do the line by line edit. Somewhere in there we will get an idea as to when Sendek will be released. I'm trying to prepare myself for Fall of 2013, but hoping with hard work I might be able to swing an earlier release. However, I have no idea how any of that works and I'm completely willing to leave that up to my new besties.
So...What should we do while I wait?
I've signed up for a couple of blogfests. See my reminders-->
I have a book review of Michael Offutt's Slipstream this Friday.
Oh, and I noticed that I'm only 8 followers away from 500 followers! How exciting is that? I think that calls for some kind of celebration or giveaway. Right? And I need to clean out some of my books, so...
Check out my 500 Followers + 100 "Likes" Giveaway.
For those that came by earlier, I split this really long post into two for easier linking purposes.