Faerie Wings although I'm leaning toward changing it to Fade Into Me. Which do you like better?
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
To be honest, I don't remember. It came to me in the form of a book blurb one day and then the idea grew around it (see below). I think it was because I was thinking about different views people take on faeries and what they are like--good, evil, simply mischievous, etc. My thought was, what if they are none of the things the legends say.
3. In what genre would you classify your book?
YA Contemporary Fantasy? I'm so bad at classifying my genre because they are never cut and dried. This one has some science/aliens but is set on modern day earth and a land through a veil separating a different version of earth that shares the same space but a different time on the space time continuum--giving it a fairy tale feel as well. <--What an awful sentence!
4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
I just started browsing actors and picked a few. These may change, but I really like Jessie Cave for Ryanne Killian. I'd want this hair and everything! It screams every day girl but hints at Ryanne's Celtic heritage. She looks calm but you know if you push her buttons some fire is going to spark behind those eyes.
5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
For thousands of years, the Abhithians have served their sentence to tend and nurture their biggest mistake (humans),but the time has come for one human to set them free.
6. Is your book already published/represented?
Nope, must finish it first, get it to Beta readers and do some clean up work.
7. How long did it take you to write your book?
The idea has been floating around for almost two years and I have 45K finished, but still haven't connected the two parts. I WILL finish it this year so I can query it after Christmas.
8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?
Once again, I hate this question. I know that my idea can't be 100% original, but I don't know what is similar. Actually it is similar to the Immortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare in that my MC learns nothing is the way she thinks it is, and there are two realms of existence. But no demons or angels. :)
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
This particular book? I don't know. I just felt like trying to write a YA book and this really just happened. I love so many authors and I'm sure they've all inspired me in some way.
10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
This is what came to me one day almost word for word. After reading it, tell me if you could just walk away from an idea like this?