IWSG (see above). December pushed me to the point where I really needed to join up, so here I am. For those of you who haven't seen this monthly meme around the blogs, here's a quick run down.
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
So what pushed me over the edge? Oh, I don't know, maybe it's just that...
Let's see, over a two week period in December I rode some serious roller coaster of emotions.
- Christmas and all that comes with it (I HATE shopping, and yeah I know that makes me a disgrace to my sex.) :) and :(
- I got the perfect present--a CELLO! :D
- I batted 0-3 on gifts for hubby. They've all been returned and swapped out now. :(
- I got my e-galleys. :D
- I gained 5lbs. :(
- The Magic Wakes lost 8,000 words (this sent me into a battle with myself like no other. I saw it as, "My writing is still crap! If she had to take out 8K then it was really bad.") :(
- But reading the whole book and seeing how close we are getting to the release also made me :)
- My kids were home all day and that means the loss of peace and quiet even when they are being good. :) and :(
- My hubby told me that every time I talk about my book he gets angry. So, he basically hates/resents my life long dream. :(
- Barnes and Nobles didn't say no to my inquiry about having a book release there. They haven't said yes yet either, but I'll take what I can at the moment. :)
- Hubby and I had a good talk and he gave me a set budget to spend on marketing and purchase of books for a fair I plan to attend in May. :)
- I bought 2000 bookmarks! :)
- I bet I bought too many bookmarks. :(
- I signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in April :) and :(