The word “liebster” is German in origin and has several definitions, including but not limited to: dearest, sweetest, kindest, pleasant, endearing, lovely, cute, nicest, valued and welcome.
What a nice sentiment from W. K. Tucker who nominated me.
The rules–should you choose to accept the award:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you. In my case W. K. Tucker.
2. Answer questions that your nominator has set for you.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to receive this award. (Remember, this includes Twitter.)
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you have nominated them.
The Questions WK set for me:1. What is your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
Curled up in bed with a book, or sitting on the back porch to enjoy the rain.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
Dog! I'll never be a cat lady like WK, but I may end up a dog lady. We currently have three dogs in our house--my two and my mom's.
3. What is your most prized possession?
Cliche for a writer, but my computer. After a year without my own it's heaven not to share.
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? (The very first thing you can remember.)
Wonder Woman! Seriously, that may tell my age, but that's the first thing I can remember wanting to be.
5. If you could become a fictional character, who would it be?
Anne of Green Gables. It wouldn't be much of a change, but I loved those books!
6. Do you believe in an afterlife–not necessarily heaven and hell?
Yes I do. I also believe that we will still enjoy the relationships that we have here, especially families.
7. Do you prefer coffee or tea–or something stronger?
Hot chocolate and Mug Root Beer is as strong as I get. LOL
8. If you had the time and/or money to go back to school/college, what would you study?
This is actually really hard because there are so many things I still want to learn. Here's the short list:
CSS/html, Interior Decorating, Culinary Arts and how to play the cello.
9. If for the remainder of your life, you could eat only one cut of meat, (Such as pork bacon or beef steak.) what would you pick?
Can I say chicken breast? You can do an unlimited amount of things with chicken so maybe I wouldn't get sick of it to soon.
10. Do you think time travel will ever be possible?
Not in the sense I think you mean. The amount of energy needed to move that fast through space just isn't practical or safe. Although, I guess astronauts sort of move forward in time the longer they stay in space, but that is so minuscule it almost doesn't count.
11. What prompted you to become a writer?
In the 5th grade I had a teacher who turned me on to reading. It started with Summer of the Monkeys and Where the Red Fern Grows. From there I began reading all kinds of stuff. Before long I started to imagine my name on a book sitting on a library shelf.
- I never leave my toes unpainted.
- Dark chocolate is an obsession.
- When it comes to remembering movie stars names I am horrible at it.
- October to January is my favorite time of the year. So much going on, so many holidays to decorate for!
- I'm developing a love hate relationship with blogging. Sad, but true.
- I'm an ugly crier and that's bad because movies, books, kleenex commercials, everything slightly emotional makes me cry.
- I've lived in six states over my lifetime.
- Although many of those states are southern states, I do not have an accent. Weird, but I don't know why.
- I have a weak spot for old musicals.
- The only reason I want to be rich is so I can travel!
- Coming up with 11 random facts is really hard.
Marcy Hatch at MaineWords
Kristin Smith at Swords and Stillettos
Beth Fred at Romance World
L Blankenship at Notes at the Jovian Frontier
Liz A at Laws of Gravity
Misha Gerick at The Five Year Project
- What's your favorite season of the year?
- Would you rather know when and where you will die or keep it a secret?
- What's your biggest pet peeve?
- What do you think is your greatest strength?
- Your greatest weakness?
- When you get in the reading mood, do you look for books by genre or author?
- Do you still own a camera? Or do you rely solely on your smart phone?
- What is your greatest possession?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- What's your favorite childhood memory?
- What drives you to keep pushing forward when exhaustion or insecurities strike?