Okay, back to the remodel goals for this week...
|Getting ready to start laying tile. This is the one thing we're paying someone else to do--so far.|
|He laid about half of the 900+ square foot room today!|
|While floors were going in, hubby and I decided to try putting up our own wall cabinets because, why not?|
|Don't worry, the base cabinets won't be off center when installed. That's for those of you with OCD like me. I just like torturing you with the photo. :)|
I feel like I should sit and watch The Money Pit. I think it would make me feel better. Maybe. This house is old and that means we have had a few surprises. Such as the fact that we couldn't move our pantry from it's horizontal position to vertical because it was only half an inch shorter than the 8 foot ceiling. I really miss my 10 foot ceilings! We gouged a few new holes into our scraped and patched ceiling. In the end we cut off almost 4 inches from the base before we could scrape by. Of course once it was upright there was plenty of room to spare.
And, after four months of begging multiple electricians for a quote on the work needed at this house, I finally got one yesterday. It's in the $8500 ballpark. *sigh* We have three fuse boxes, none of which are up to code. They are about $1200 a piece to replace. Then there's the cosmetic stuff we'd like to do. It'll have to be done bit by bit.
The good news is even in this state of chaos, this feels like home. That's a good thing when it's all said and done.
Okay, now for some great news!
It's official (actually it was official last Friday), WiDo Publishing has picked up Talia's sequel. All the paperwork is signed and they've announced it on their website. You can read the interview HERE.
Thankfully, we'll finish stage one of renovations by the time I need to start working with an editor. I'm excited for that. It's possibly one of my favorite parts of being an author. That's when you get to take something good and make it shine. It will also put me firmly in Talia's world so I can get back to drafting book three in the series. I REALLY want to get the first crummy version on "paper" by the end of the year. With hard work, and some luck, I can get that one out in a year instead of two. That's my goal anyway.