- I floundered all over the place with my writing. It was fun to explore whatever I wanted simply because I could. Now I'm settling down into something resembling a routine, and I've even been able to focus on one idea at a time.
- THE MAGIC WAKES Book 1 and Book 2 (DAWN OF THE MAGES) were re-released with great success. This is where the validation comes in. I'll admit I was anxious to see what would happen when they were available for purchase once again. I didn't have any release parties or blog take-overs or anything planned. I simply wanted to release them and move on. I've made triple the royalties in the first month than I did in the previous six months with my publisher with no extra work on my part. I don't really know what the difference was, but the trick will be to keep things rolling.
- Eleena's story is almost finished. A lovely friend gave me the best form of encouragement. We were both at our boy's Cub Scout activity and she called from across the room, "Where's the rest of my story?" I knew exactly what she was talking about, and it made me feel good to know at least one person really wanted to know what happens to Eleena. Knowing that one thing helped my mind settle on the project I needed to work on first. I went home that night and started writing again.
- I enjoyed being with my family. That's always the best thing. It's been wonderful to be available for them again. For the first time in a long time, all three of my siblings joined my mom and me for Thanksgiving. It was a blast!
- I think I watched more movies/TV in November than all the rest of the year combined. Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok, Spiderman (the newest one), hours upon hours of Ancient Aliens, and probably 20 Hallmark Christmas movies. And for the hope? Getting some rest, living life the way I used to with my family, all of that has helped my brain calm down. My goals are more realistic, and therefore attainable. That is where the hope comes in. I may be starting the whole "author" thing again, almost from scratch, but now I'm rolling in the right direction. It feels good!
November 6 question - As you look back on 2017, with all its successes/failures, if you could backtrack, what would you do differently?