Sunday, February 21, 2010
Here's one I missed!
10 Unusual, Odd or Quirky Things about me
1. I looked up "Quirky" in the dictionary. Here is what it said, "a. an abrupt twist or curve, b. a peculiar trait, c. a groove separating a bead or other molding from adjoining members." I'm guessing I'm suppose to write about the b definition. Hope I can think of something, I'm just so normal it is scary sometimes. *wink* and if you believe THAT...
2. I randomly talk about food. I often say, "I know I want something to eat, but I just don't know what it is." Actually, I think 75% of all my conversations involve food. I love it, what can I say. That is why I started a food blog. I like finding and trying new recipes.
3. I stub my toes on everything. There can be one item in the middle of the floor and I will trip over it. My lovely husband has tested this many times and gotten a kick out of it each time. Personally, I don't think that is fair to take advantage of my clumsiness. I was always taught to keep my head up and not watch my feet. So, there!
4. I will be totally quiet, but when someone walks in the room I will start talking to myself. This one is courtesy of my hubby. He says that when he is in the other room I'll be quiet, but when he walks in I will start talking to the computer. I tried to tell him that I was really talking to him, but he doesn't think so. Which leads me to #5...
5. I have complete conversations in my head with people all the time. It is easier than actually talking to them for real because I always get my way :) Unfortunately, sometimes I forget what I've really discussed with people and what was imaginary. So imagine standing at the church waiting to go visiting teaching and your partner doesn't show up. Did I say I would pick her up, or did we agree to meet here, or is she waiting for me at so and so's house? I'll never know...
6. I can make anything more complicated than it has to be. I don't know how, or why, but maybe it is a button or switch in my head that is broken or mislabeled.
7. I cheated on this and reposted the above six items from a blog I posted two years ago.
8. I have since learned that all those conversations from #5 are super handy once you decide to become a writer. Now that I write them down, my life is a whole lot less complicated.
9. I am completely irrational and illogical when my emotions are involved. Since I am an emotionally driven person that is NOT good. :)
10. I will eat even when not hungry if the food item includes chocolate. Seems like #10 is reserved for food. 10% food talk is an improvement over the 75% quoted above from two years ago. :)
Once again I'm supposed to pass this on, and I will, eventually. :) Hopefully I will get back to writing topics tomorrow.