- What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
- Describe what you worked on.
- Set goals for next week.
- Did you learn something during this week?
- Find and write down a plan for when I will write each day. Yes, I set aside 12:30pm-2:00pm as my writing time, and I stuck to it all week.
- Fix a major Ooops! with Chapter 1 of Sendek so that people know my MC is a woman. I attempted to fix it, but I need someone to read it who has never heard me talk about my book to be sure. Which excludes most people I know.
- Continue revising/editing through chapter 10. I revised through chapter 8, spending a lot of time on chapter 1.
My query letter and making my first 13 lines more powerful. (The 13 lines is a Hatrack thing.) Plus, I still spent a considerable amount of time reading writers and agents blogs to continue my online publishing education.
Goals for next Week:
- Continue revising/editing through Chapter 20.
- Complete my summary.
Having a plan makes it a lot easier to accomplish your goals, and I would rather people tell me something doesn't work than tell me they love it. But if they want to tell me how great it is except for "X" that doesn't work, it helps me get over the criticism faster.