First, I don't get any writing or much reading done when my kids are home from school. But today had some nice highlights.
- I got to spend most of the day in my PJs.
- My kids were happy to play in the snow and let me catch up on my google reader.
- I got to chat with Elizabeth Poole twice online! And we are now facebook friends. :)
- The snow is really pretty to look at from the warmth of my front room.
- I got all the laundry washed, folded and put away.
- The kids did all of their chores before 10am.
- I went for a two mile run in the snow, and now I feel like I can officially say, I'M A RUNNER. yeah.
- We are going to have breakfast for dinner, light a fire, and watch Funny Home Videos as a family.
Here's a song that played during my run. The only phrase I latched onto was: I am fragile, but I'm strong enough, and I thought, that is so true for so many aspects of my life.
The lyrics to the rest of the song are awesome too, and I have to wonder at the story they are telling.