Well, that's what I'm going to do. A good friend is going to watch my kids and hubby and I are going on a cruise to celebrate our 16th anniversary (which happened in crazy August). I hope the seas have calmed a bit, but even if not I'm going to get pampered and have a great time.
InventionsNext, I just have to share a moment from my life. This should show you how lucky I am. We have so much fun in my family because of the great imaginations and the willingness to just sit around and talk.
Sunday night, hubby, the four kids (ages 6-15), and I were sitting in the living room playing one of our favorite games...Would you rather. As the night wore on and we grew more tired, things turned silly. Eventually we got to this point.
Hubby: Oo! I wonder if anyone has ever tried to bread a hot dog?
Me: And fried it?
Me: Um, that would be called a corn dog.
*shock* for half a second then...Hysterical laughter from all six of us.
Hubby: I totally breaded it in my mind and it didn't look like a corn dog.
Ash (kid #2): yeah, mine looked like all lumpy like someone threw up all over it.
More hysterical laughter followed by the decision that it was time for bed.
Yep, we often try to reinvent the wheel at my house.
Goals for September
- Stay busy while waiting for line edits
- Work on short story I want to do about Sendek's ancient past
- Get caught up on book reviews--I think I have 5 that I finished over the summer
- Post my five part series based on this post--Top 5 Issues I See When Critiqing by Angela Ackerman from the Bookshelf Muse
- Find a new jeweler to work on the necklace I want for my book release
- Work with my brother-in-law on a book trailer
- Get a completed sketch to submit to my publisher for possible cover art
- Write a story for an anthology we are putting together (we being the women from Unicorn Bell)
I don't think you'll have a problem with that first goal - you are very busy!ReplyDelete
Have fun on your cruise.ReplyDelete
I love your book trailers. I can't wait to see the new project.ReplyDelete