Our family set three types of goals.
2. Family--we turned off all electronics, turned in phones and played games from 7 PM-8 PM
3. Couple--my hubby and I decided we needed to spend quality time together that didn't include the TV.
It's that couple goal that bring you an editing analogy today.
We started with yards of fabric that we cut into various sizes and shapes before sewing them together into strips, squares, block, lines and finally into a quilt. I won't go into details, but it's starts out looking like this after a few steps.
- figuring out who our characters are (picking out the fabrics)
- deciding how they will fit into the block (plotting the story arch)
- creating individual elements that make them likable (strips, triangles, squares)
- drafting scenes to move them along the arc (sewing together to create the block)
- adding transitions and further developing the story so it can flow from scene to scene (sewing the blocks together to create the quilt)